Prince Albert Public Library's Book Club in a Bag service provides everything you need for a fun and stress-free Book Club meeting, packaged together in one easy-to-use kit.
For a list of our Book Club in a Bag titles please click here.
Each kit contains:
- 10 copies of one book title
- Discussion questions
- A sign-out sheet to keep track of the books
Book Club Guidelines
We recommend you elect one club member to check out a Book Club in a Bag kit on behalf of your group.
They will need a valid Prince Albert Public Library card and will be financially responsible for returning all the pieces with the kit. We’ve included a sign-out sheet to help your Club keep track of its contents.
Please note: If you are not a Prince Albert Public Library patron, meaning if your registered branch on your library account is not JMCPL, you will not be able to place holds on or check out Book Club in a Bag kits owned by Prince Albert Public Library. You will have to refer to your regional branch headquarters to inquire about kits owned by that region. For a list of regions please click here.
How to Use Book Club in a Bag Kits
- Browse and place holds on Book Club in a Bag kits at your convenience, using the library’s online catalogue. See instructions on how to search below.
- Place a hold on the item. Kits can be held up to a year in advance and you can manage them by suspending and reactivating your holds closer to your Club’s meeting schedule.
- Some kits may be in high demand, so we recommend having more than one kit on hold and at a time, to ensure at least one of your choices is ready to borrow in time for your Book Club’s get-together. If more than one comes available you can suspend and reactivate holds as needed.
- You’ll have seven days to pick up your kit once it becomes available. It will be located on the Holds Pick-up Shelf by the Circulation Desk.
- The loan period for the Bookclub in a Bag kit is six weeks (42 days). Renewals are not permitted.
- Pick up and return your Book Club in a Bag kits at John M. Cuelenaere Public Library.
- Kits must be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
- Kits must be returned to the Circulation Desk inside the library, as they will not fit through the outside drop slot.
- Make sure your kit is complete before returning it to the library.
- If your group loses a book or part of the guide, you’ll be charged a replacement fee for the cost of the item.
- Return your kit on time to avoid overdue fines.
- Fines for Book Club in a Bag kits are $3 per day, and apply to the entire kit as well as its individual pieces.
- Book Club in a Bag kits are not available for pick-up outside of John M. Cuelenaere Public Library.
We have a wide variety of titles available and we are adding more each year! To the left is a list of Book Club in a Bag kits we have in our collection!
How to Search for Book Club in a Bag kits on the online catalogue:
- In the search bar type the title, the author’s last name, and “Kit” into the search bar.
- Click Search
- On the left hand side, scroll down and limit Assigned Branch to Prince Albert – John M. Cuelenaere.
- If no results return try “book club” instead of “kit”
- Example: “where the crawdads sing owens book club” or “the alice network quinn book club”
- Example: “the huntress quinn kit”